Due to the situation linked to COVID-19 and the resulting economic consequences, benefit from a discount of just over 25 % on the price of this training.
Price 1345 $
Description and content
During this training, the following topics will be covered :
- Historical context, benmarks and actors of sustainable development
- Theoretical concepts, models, indicators and measures, such as : gross domestic product, Human Development Index, Genuine Progress Indicator, ecological footprint
- Legal framework : Sustainable Development Act of Quebec, Quebec Environment Quality Act, Quebec Engineers Act
- Levers and implementation tools : organizational social responsability, life cycle assessment, eco-design
- Accountability tools, certifications : standards from the International Standardization Organization and the Bureau de Normalisation du Québec, global Reporting Initiative, ecolabels
- Sustainability issues : biodiversity, water, soil, energy, climate change, extractive industries, manufacturing processes, waste, built environment, transportation, ethics, society
- Challenges and constraints
This training is intended for all people with an academic background in civil engineering or with equivalent academic background or professional experience.
- The training is exceptionnally offered online, in synchronous mode, in fall of 2020. In order to take part in the sessions, participants must have access to a computer, as well as to an Internet connection. The use of a microphone and/or webcam could also be requested.
- This training is also offered online in French in the fall of 2020, as well as in the winter of 2021 : Développement durable pour ingénieurs
- This training is offered both to baccalaureate and graduate students, as well as to employed engineers.
- The exact training schedule for the fall will be specified in August 2020.
- It is a training of 39 hours in total, at the rate of one session of 3 hours per week (Thursdays from 1:45 to 3:45 pm) for 13 weeks. The training will begin in the week of August 30th, 2020, and will end in the week of Novembre 29th, 2020.
SECTORS AND THEMES
- Eligible for OIQ continuing education regulations
- Training is also offered in French in fall 2020 as well as in winter 2021.
- Participants must have a computer and an Internet connection in order to participate in the sessions. A microphone and a webcam could also be requested.
- A connection link will be communicated to you before the start of the first training session.